Our Ethos, Dreams and Values
At Redhill our priority is to develop a love of learning, inspired by outstanding teaching by building and developing all of our individual talents. We work tirelessly to ensure that all of our children enjoy a stimulating and diverse education, learning is irresistible, children are happy, feel safe and are valued. Learning experiences are rich and enjoyable.
Everything we do as a school is to ensure that our children achieve their very best. We want every child to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us so when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
‘Together, we dream, believe and achieve.’
This simple statement embodies our approach to learning at Redhill. In everything we do, we encourage children to dream big, believe in a pathway to success and achieve excellence. This is modelled through our approach to school improvement and individual development: define your dream, believe in the possibility of realising it by planning a journey towards success then recognise and celebrate your achievements along the way. With this approach in mind, our whole school dream is integral to our success.
At Redhill, our dream helps the school focus its work towards common aims, values and a clear ethos. This dream was developed collaboratively with input from all staff in school, our parents, pupils and school governors and demonstrates our shared ambitions and our passion for providing the most exceptional educational experience possible for our pupils.
Our dream is for all children at Redhill to:
- Love learning, possess genuine curiosity and excitement about the world around them and achieve academic success
- Have the confidence to be themselves whilst celebrating others and their unique differences
- Be happy, have fun at school and be supported with their mental and physical wellbeing whilst making lasting memories
- Consistently demonstrate kindness, respect and thoughtfulness as part of a vibrant, supportive and loving community
- Contribute to a culture of positivity and challenge in a safe environment where they learn without limits, are not afraid to take risks and can realise their full potential
- Be fully prepared, inspired and enthusiastic for their future life in modern Britain
Ingrained in this dream is our belief in actively defending the equality of all people and all protected characteristics by promoting the fundamental British values of tolerance and respect for people of all faiths, cultures and lifestyles. One way we achieve this is through our six ‘SECRET to our success’ values, which we expect to see children demonstrating throughout the school day and beyond. These key values contribute to our school dream, support outstanding achievement, contribute to the local, national and worldwide community and make Redhill such a special place to be.
These are the SECRET to our Success:
.You can find out more about these values on our 'Secret to our Success' page.