What support is available for improving the emotional and mental health of my child?
The wellbeing of the children in our school is supported by the class teachers, teaching assistants, sports coach, SENCO, office staff and the leadership team.
The Leadership, SENCO and Attendance teams meet regularly to monitor wellbeing through analysis of our records. Vulnerable children and those identified as needing additional support for SEMH (social, emotional and mental health) needs are identified through conversation with parents, carers, pupils, staff and external agencies.
- Pupils are well supported by some of the following:
- Safeguarding and child protection training
- A clear anti-bullying policy
- Mental health and well-being teaching through the curriculum and whole-school assemblies
- Targeted support for individual pupils, including focused nurture time and access to trusted adults for 1-2-1 discussions
- Referral of families to mental health, social care and specialist services via our Safeguarding and/or Early Help processes